Do you love numbers? Do you have a logical and analytical bent of mind?
If yes, then a career in commerce might just be the perfect choice for you. In recent years, commerce has become a popular career stream among students. Earlier, choosing commerce as a stream meant that you could pursue a few hand-picked career options. But, that is no longer the case now as this sector has expanded multifold in the last decade and is growing at an unbelievably fast pace.
If you choose to take advantage of the opportunities available to you in commerce, here are some of the job profiles you can look at:-
BCom or BBA
- Pursue BCom or BBA and then join the BFSI (Banking Financial Services and Insurance) sector for the job. But there are close to 25 lakhs students graduating from BCom and BBA every year. Due to this, there is intense competition for the available jobs and hence the starting monthly salary of fresh graduates from this option is relatively in the lower range and averages between INR 13000 – INR 18000 per month.
Banking or Government Jobs
- Write Bank Entrance exams or Government Job related competitive exams. This is an option which is chosen by a large number of Commerce graduates. There are close to 15-20 different types of competitive exams of this nature available for students to attempt. Students who clear these exams and secure jobs have the benefits of job security and higher monthly salary averaging around INR 20000 – INR 25000. However, there is immense competition in this field with close to 50 lakh students writing these exams, which makes these exams difficult to get through.
MBA or MCom
- Pursue post-graduation courses like MBA or MCom after completing a bachelor’s degree. These days, a lot of students from commerce are opting for MBA because of higher salary and job opportunities. However, to realize the dream of higher salaries and assured jobs in MBA, students need to get into premier or top tier colleges. Job prospects after doing MBA from these top tier colleges are relatively good with a salary range between INR 25000 to INR 1 lakh per month. However, competition for seats in good MBA colleges is pretty high with almost 15 lakh students competing for these seats across the country.
CA, CS, or CMA
- Pursue professional courses like CA, CS, and CMA. This option can be pursued along with degree without compromising the studies in degree course. One of the interesting aspects of CA, CS, and CMA is that because a student can attempt these exams any number of times, the chances of a student clearing the exam is very high compared to all the other options. Additionally, the results of the students in these courses is based on their individual performance and not based on the number of seats available or ranks in the competition. In other words, the students can clear the exams if they get marks above a certain cut off percentage. This means that the student is relying on his/ her own performance to clear the exam and does not need to worry about competition. So, these courses can be pursued by students at any point of time in their life, are entirely merit-driven and based on student’s individual performance and require a low level of investment. Also, there is strong demand for CA, CS and CMA professionals in India and abroad which results in very lucrative salary packages even for fresh CA, CS, and CMA professionals.
So, there are a number of options available in the commerce stream. The selection of the course from these various options depends on some of the important factors like –
- Your interest area
- Demand in that particular field
- Career opportunities
- Course duration
- Cost of pursuing the course
Professional courses like CA, CS, or CMA, perfectly fit in most of the above-mentioned factors. Some of the often asked questions about these courses are –
- How to start preparation for CA, CS CMA?
- Which coaching will be the best to join for preparations?
- Will coaching be very costly?
Along with the above-mentioned questions, there are so many other questions in the minds of students.
The solution for all these questions is ProEdge Online Classes.
How is ProEdge the solution and how does it help students?
Here is the answer-:
- Qualified trainers – At ProEdge, all our trainers are qualified, that means people who have completed/qualified CA/CS/CMA and have industry and training experience.
- Our Course duration is around 50% higher than other institutes even though our fee is less.
- We offer LIVE online interactive classes, whereas most of the coaching offers recorded classes.
- At no extra cost, each student of ProEdge gets an individual user account where we provide –
- Class recordings of all the live classes attended by the student
- Chapter-wise study materials
- 5000+ practice questions
- Assessments, Mock tests
- Previous papers analysis
- Revision test papers suggested answers & ICAI/ICSI/ICMAI institutes MOCK test
- We handhold the students till they complete their exam
- Lifetime free coaching is provided till a student completes a particular level
With these features of ProEdge Online Classes, we can proudly say that if a student follows our study plans, attends all our classes and attempts all our assessments, they will definitely reach success in their goal of being a CA, CS or CMA.